Our client has a vacancy for a senior developer/application database administrator.
The successful candidate will work with the IT Operations Manager & Product specialist.
Duties include but are not limited to:
The Senior Developer/Application Administrator will be solely responsible for the maintenance & development of our software.
- Bug finding and fixing
- Data conversions
- Database maintenance
- Security Maintenance
- Ensure data integrity
- Performance Monitoring and tuning of database
- Storage and capacity planning
- Performance, monitoring and tuning of 3rd party interfaces
- Build new 3rd party interfaces
- Mentor Junior Developer
- Maintain and update documentation relating to all interfaces
Experience in the following technologies:
- Knowledge of C++ essential, especially interactions with databases and UI. Used 15%
- Knowledge of C# essential, especially interactions with databases and network communications. Used about 25%.
- Microsoft SQL 2012 knowledge essential. Used about 60%.
- Basic Oracle knowledge is advantageous
- Report writing experience with Visual Studio essential
- Data conversion
Experience in Systems Support.
- Must have experience in trouble shooting SQL database tables, stored procs and development/enhancement
- Financial or Medical experience advantageous
- Must have experience with database conversions. i.e. convert date from any system and import to our system
- Experience with interfacing with 3rd party systems, i.e. web services
Experience in Application database administrator
- Database maintenance
- Security maintenance
- Data integrity
- Performance, monitoring and tuning
- Bachelors in computer science or software engineering
- Minimum 10 years software development experience
- Minimum 5 years application database administration experience
- Must be able to multitask and change from developing the one minute to troubleshooting the next minute
- Desire to be part of a dynamic team that wants to develop and enhance the software
- Self starter, structured and methodical.
- A passion for process improvement
- Must be a team player and able to play a leadership/mentor role for the junior developer
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and occasional out of hours
- Must have experience with deadlines
Market related Cost to Company package based on experience and technical expertise.
Please forward you’re most recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offerd SalaryMarket Related
Experience8 Years +