Senior Java Developer
- 1+ years’ experience in e-commerce, retail merchandising/marketing, advertising, product development, e-commerce or related fields.
- Relevant certifications from an accredited institution. (i.e. Java Certification – SCJP,SCJD, SCWCD)
- Experience with Tomcat, Eclipse, CVS, Linux and Oracle DB will be a definite asset
- Degree in Marketing, Visual Communication, Graphic Arts, Computer Science or related area a plus.
- Along with your outstanding drive for excellence, the successful candidate will bring with them:
- Strong desire to build user experiences that are simple, striking and super-fast.
- Strong desire to solve complex user problems in the space of social commerce.
- Expertise in site speed fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and MVC
- Some level of knowledge of Flash/Flex (not mandatory)
- Ability to deal with vagueness in product requirements and working through it.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (not mandatory)
- Interest in the social space and belief in its power.
- Some knowledge of social platforms (not mandatory)
- Strong Java (1.5 or later), JSP, HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, XML programming skills
- Proficient with Eclipse/MyEclipseIDE, Tomcat, CVS and Linux
- Basic understanding of interaction design and user-centered design methods & practices
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Willingness to switch gears quickly and be flexible to work on concurrent projects.
- Expert knowledge and experience with a leading application database product such as DB2, Oracle (expert skill in creating complex database queries, stored procedures etc).
- Experience working with a leading IDEs such as Eclipse, RAD, RSA
- Have development expertise in both a Web (MVC, HTML, JSP, Servlets) and back end environment (JDBC, XML, Webservices etc)
- Have hands on experience doing application performance tuning both at an application server and code level.
- Have used the Java API’s for XML processing, style sheets and developed solutions making use of Web Services.
- A high level of Linux proficiency.
- The ability to single handily implement an end-to-end web based system that conforms to the MVC patterns and makes use of some form of storage device.
- Experience in mobile development (mobile web-sites, Android, iPhone, BlackBerry) is beneficial
Should you consist of the above criteria please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The applicants that matches above criteria will be considered first. Due to our work load and the influx of cv’s on a daily basis we cannot give feedback to each and every application, therefore should you apply make sure that your skills and qualification with relevant years’ experience matches above criteria.
Offerd SalaryMarket Related