1st AIM Recruiting
Our client based in Sandton is looking for the skills of a Data Architect. Salary is negotiable.
- Understand each company’s data sets
- Maintain and upgrade big data platform.
- Transparently report on the quality of data in the data lake.
- Identify and understand the business problem and the impact of the proposed solution on operations of the organization.
- Architect/model big data structures for analytical applications.
- Formulate, build, apply and maintain predictive models.
- Drive multiple applications using Agile methodologies.
- Version control and document work for reproducibility.
- Spread an understanding of data science throughout the group and encourage innovation.
Education & Qualification
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, applied mathematics, physics, data mining, machine learning or a related quantitative discipline
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Fluent with both relational algebra and MapReduce logic.
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, scikit-learn, MLlib, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS
- Sound knowledge of business principles
- Familiar with tools that encourage reproducibility and collaboration; Jupyter, Zeppelin, RStudio, git
- Experience with enterprise BI; QlikView, Lumira, Tableau, Zoomdata, Cognos, SAP BW, SSRS, …
- Experience with enterprise ETL; SSIS, SAP DS, IBM DataStage, Pentaho, …
- Development experience in order of preference: Python, C/C++, Java
- Advanced Linux user.
- Microsoft Office; Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook
- 5+ Years Business Analysis Experience
Please send your CV and supported documents to email@example.com
Offerd SalaryMarket Related
Related Jobs (10)
Project Manager – JHB – CBD on July 25, 2017